Thursday, February 5, 2009

Poverty Eradication Programme

A work journal by jlvk.

On February 3 I met up with the administrative officer of the Community Service Division of the Kuantan Municipal Council (MPK), Pn. Rodziah Shamsudin. My intention was to follow-up on the implementation status of the Poverty Eradication Programme, subsequent to the leaders' visit to Sungai Soi [I'll post the newspaper coverage soon. The posting has been delayed for quite a while so my apologies to the esteemed readers].

Pn. Rodziah said that there will be updates to the programme details this February 10. Meanwhile, she is encouraged that that the eligible minimum household income (known as the poverty line) has been raised from MYR663.00 to MYR720.00.

I certainly look forward to the next meeting with Pn. Rodziah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment